Do insurance policies and bonuses make sense for credit cards?by Admin | April 15, 2021
Do insurance policies and bonuses make sense for credit cards?
For some credit cards, certain insurances are already included in the service package. This often applies to gold cards or platinum credit cards, for example. In addition to gold or platinum cards, special bonuses are sometimes offered when certain transactions are made with the card. These can be, for example:
- Hotel bookings
- Flight bookings
- Fuel transactions
AdvertisementDepending on whether you book frequently via a certain hotel portal, for example, or refuel more often, it can make perfect sense to apply for such a credit card. However, you should always include the possible additional costs due to higher annual fees in your personal credit card comparison in order to get a truly realistic and true-to-life result in the end. One thing is certain: the best credit cards are not necessarily characterized by included insurance packages or bonuses, but the bottom line is that the overall package simply has to be right. So even a free or very low-cost credit card can be a good choice for your purposes.
Should you apply for a second credit card?
Do you already have a Visa or Mastercard but are toying with the idea of getting a second credit card? This can make sense, because despite numerous points of acceptance, it can happen that one credit card is not accepted after all. With another credit card you are on the safe side. So opt for extra flexibility and start a credit card comparison right here at STERN.de to take a closer look at the options available.
FAQ: Frequently asked questions about credit cards
Question marksIn the following paragraphs, we provide compact and competent answers to frequently asked questions about credit cards.
Which is the best credit card?
It is difficult to give a blanket answer to this question, as it depends on a prospective customer's credit card requirements. While a young student may be looking for a prepaid credit card with no additional fees, a businessman traveling may need additional benefits such as insurance or bonus programs. Therefore, before applying for a payment card, prospective customers should be clear about their requirements for a credit card. Afterwards, they can take a look at our credit card comparison and crown their personal test winner.
Should I apply for a second credit card as a replacement card?
Do you already have a Visa credit card or Mastercard but are toying with the idea of getting a second credit card, such as a Genialcard? Such a move can definitely make sense. For example, despite numerous points of acceptance worldwide, it can happen that one credit card is not accepted after all. Then you are on the safe side if you have a second card with you. A second card as a partner card can also be useful. So opt for extra flexibility and start a credit card comparison right here at STERN.de to take a closer look at the options available.
Where can I find the credit card number?
The credit card number is clearly visible and embossed on the front of all credit cards, so that holders can feel the individual digits. It is a 12 to 16 digit number that is unique. In addition to the credit card number, the expiration date is also shown on the front.
How do I protect myself from credit card fraud?
Prospective customers should already make sure that the most important security features are met when selecting their new credit card. We have already summarized these above in our guide. They include an EMV chip and a hologram. Anyone applying for a new credit card should also look out for the 3D-Secure security standard.
What is important when using credit cards?
- Never keep the credit card and its PIN in one place, such as your wallet.
- Always type the PIN code face-down when using it. If someone knows your PIN, unauthorized use of the card is possible.
- Do not give the PIN to third parties, not even to the customer service of your bank or savings bank.
- Never enter credit card data on unencrypted websites. Only use secure SSL connections - this way no one can read your data. An encrypted page can be recognized by the small lock symbol and the abbreviation "https" in the URL.
- Protect your computer with up-to-date virus software. This makes it more difficult for third parties to gain unauthorized access to a computer system and spy out sensitive data.
- In the event of loss, theft or suspected credit card fraud, it is very important to have the card blocked as quickly as possible. For this purpose, all credit card providers have set up a central blocking number. Alternatively, you can contact the card-issuing institution yourself.