Is a free credit card always completely free?by Admin | April 15, 2021
When we talk about a free credit card, you as a consumer will first assume that there really are no costs whatsoever. But is this really the case in reality? If you take a closer look at our FinanceFuel credit card comparison, you will quickly discover that there are sometimes one or two "hidden" fees. Therefore, we recommend that you take a closer look at the details under the item "Fee overview" in the table of search results in each case. Here you can find out whether there are actually no annual fees for the main card or any partner cards. Pay attention to the following points:
- Is the main card free not only in the 1st year, but also in subsequent years?
- Are there annual fees for an optional partner card?
- How high is the APR?
- Is there a credit interest rate, and if so, what is it?
- How much does it cost to apply for a replacement card?
These are all points that can make a noticeable difference in the bottom line, depending on whether there are any extra costs and what the interest rate is. Of course, it also depends on your individual situation whether, for example, a partner card is needed at all.
Paying and withdrawing cash with a free credit card
- Is card payment free of charge within the US?
- Is card payment within the euro zone free of charge?
- What about card payments in foreign currencies worldwide?
- Is domestic cash withdrawal free of charge?
- Is cash withdrawal within the euro zone free of charge?
- Are there any fees when withdrawing foreign currencies worldwide?
The conditions in this area vary considerably from credit card to credit card. You should therefore carefully check which free credit card really offers the best all-round package for your personal needs.
Benefit from additional advantages
- Cashback, for example when purchasing certain brands
- Bonus systems, such as collecting payback points
- Special discounts
Which type of additional services is most interesting to you, or whether you would take advantage of such at all, is something you should consider at your leisure before applying for your free credit card. Maybe other aspects than the ones mentioned here are more important to you?
Get VISA and MasterCard for free
- Bank of America
- Deutsche Bank
Of course, this is only a small selection of credit institutions that have such offers in their portfolio. It is best to take a look at the current search results in the FinanceFuel credit card comparison, as changes can always occur with regard to the conditions. After all, you really want to apply for the best credit card for your needs.